There’s more to IBM i monitoring than just sending alerts when an issue occurs.
Many IBM i message & resource monitoring packages contain advanced features to avoid messaging risk, interface with non-IBM software such as ticketing systems, track and respond to critical conditions across your entire IBM i environment, and more.
Join SEA’s Lloyd Ramdarie on May 19thfor an in-depth look at using these seven techniques for enabling advanced IBM i monitoring capabilities, using SEA’s absMessage software.
Avoiding the risk of leaving certain messages to manual monitoring
- Creating a plan around monitoring critical Message IDs, including alerting escalations and reactivity
- Integrating IBM i issues with ticketing systems such as ServiceNow, for issue tracking and audit reporting.
- Investigating historical performance data and trends from an interactive dashboard
- Using a single Dashboard to track critical IBM i conditions across your entire environment
- Considerations for automating monitoring & reactions across the enterprise
- Other basic and advanced areas to consider when implementing an IBM i Message & Resource Monitoring Solution
Lloyd Ramdarie is an IBM i Technical Support team member at Software Engineering of America. His background includes working in the IBM i space for many number years, with heavy experience securing IBM I servers. He is a seasoned IT professional who can utilize his vast experiences and expertise to help you implement the very best end to end security solutions in the IBM i environment.